Patience Miller M.D., Ob-Gyn
Patience Miller, MD
Board Certified Obstetrics & Gynecology & Health and Wellness Coach located in San Antonio, TX
If you’re looking for a partner to empower you to achieve your best possible health, consider a health coach at Patience Miller, MD, OB/GYN, in San Antonio, Texas. Research shows that working with a health coach may improve your health outcomes if you have a chronic condition. Find out whether health coaching is right for you by calling today or booking a consultation online.
Health and Wellness
What is a health coach?
Life can be complicated and stressful — even when your health is perfect. That’s why it’s ideal to have an expert in your corner who can set you on the path to good health. A health coach is a wellness expert who collaborates with you to help you achieve your best possible health through:
- Positive lifestyle changes
- Nutritional guidance
- Advocacy and information about health care
- Individualized wellness programs tailored to your needs
Health coaches take a holistic approach to support you as a whole person. By working with a health coach, you gain the skills, knowledge, and confidence to take an active role in your medical care and overall well-being.
Why do I need a health coach?
Working with a health coach improves your health. Research shows a health coach may assist patients with chronic illnesses to manage their health better. Studies also found health coaching may:
- Help diabetes patients lower their blood sugar levels and consume a healthier diet
- Reduce pain, disability, and depression among patients with chronic health conditions
- Lower the number of hospitalizations among children with asthma
- Achieve greater reductions in cholesterol levels
When you meet with Dr. Miller, she discusses other benefits of health coaching.
What’s the role of a health coach?
Health coaches take an integrative, supportive role outside the walls of the doctor’s office. For example, a health coach at Patience Miller, MD, OB/GYN, might:
- Empower you to take charge of your health
- Work with you to promote healthy behaviors
- Assist with the emotional impact of chronic illness
- Offer regular follow-up care
- Identify and remove barriers to care
- Encourage you to be an active participant in your care
- Teach you specific skills to manage your condition
- Help coordinate your care with specialists and other providers
- Act as an advocate on your behalf in the health care system
- Provide culturally appropriate care
- Ensure you receive the proper prescriptions and understand and take your medications as prescribed
Health coaches connect with you not only at a visit to Dr. Miller’s office but also between visits, creating familiarity and continuity to promote your optimal wellness.
To explore the advantages of a health coach to improve your lasting health, call Patience Miller, MD, OB/GYN, today, or book a consultation online.